Tuesday, November 17, 2009

2009 Holiday Reading Challenge

Yeah, I'm a sucker. And a joiner. And maybe a bit of an overachiever. This is the second reading challenge I've signed up for this week. I heard about this holiday reading challenge via Anna at Good Gone Girl, and I'm pretty excited about it. I try to read  holiday books exclusively from the day after Thanksgiving through New Year's. This year I'll have to throw in some non-holiday books that I'm reviewing for AAR, but I'm still planning on making it a Big Freaking Holiday Extravaganza.

The challenge starts November 20th and ends December 31st. I decided to really go all out and commit to a minimum of 5 books for this reading challenge. The nominees are:

A Very Merry Christmas* by Foster, Maynard, and Bruce
Christmas Knight* by Carin Rafferty
A Blazing Little Christmas by D'Alessandro, Rock, and O'Reilly
A Snowball's Chance by Nikki Rivers 
A Christmas Carol by Kathleen O'Reilly
Home for the Holidays by Sarah Mayberry
To All A Goodnight by Kauffman, Shalvis, and Dimon
Kissing Santa Claus by Kauffman, Shalvis, and Dimon
When He Was Bad* by Jane Sullivan
"Turning Up the Heat"* by Susan Donovan
"Nutcracker Sweet"* by Nancy Warren
High Heels and Holidays by Kasey Michaels
Titles marked with an asterisk (*) are re-reads.

Last year a list this size wouldn't have even made me blink, but this year I've got a lot more on my plate and a lot less reading time. But I'm sure I can read at least 5 of these suckers by New Year's Eve. 

To learn more about the reading challenge, check out Nely's post at All About {n}.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad you joined. It does seem like fun, right?

Wow, great choice of books! Love your Christmas picks. I can't wait to hear your thoughts about them. Good luck and happy reading!

Nely said...

Wow! That is a great list. I'm so glad you've decided to join the challenge. I look forward to your reviews.

Happy Reading!
♥Nely

JoAnna said...

Hello I too joined this Challlenge:) Great Choice of books! I'm a follower
Happy Reading..

Katie Mack said...

Hi Joanna! I look forward to reading about which holiday books you're reading.